Skip to main content

Get out of the body. About my Out-of-Body-Experiences (OBE)

Leave the body...

This is the second post on the subject. Here is the first text: About my Out-of-Body Experiences (OBE), https://feetandheads.blogspot.com/2020/02/about-my-out-of-body-experiences.html.

An eye in a hole, pxhere.com

And I left the body. I remember this perception of getting out of the body as something messy - the experience itself was very messy - I was all turned around or made a bun or looking down or up, moving sideways or backwards, or upwards or below. Very but very uncomfortable and messy; My body exits were very chaotic. Sometimes being upside down (which was the position in which I had fallen asleep) "flew" throughout the house. If there was a wall next to my bed that I could touch, I, face down and in the exact position with which I left the bed, crossed the wall and went to the next room (which was sometimes a house that it was not mine). Sometimes I went quickly to meet a wall and didn't want to hurt me, hitting me against it, so it gave me some scares: either I felt a block (like a blow) and could not pass, or crossed the wall seeing its inner sections like pores. All this in the upside down posture; uncomfortable, because I couldn't bend my head or stretch my hand, or see beyond the floor or beyond the places where my eyes were pointing.

Every time I experienced getting out of the body I always felt a kind of "suction" often applied in the opposite direction to where I wanted to move. If I wanted to move my hand to the right, this happened slightly, while there was a "force" that sucked me to the left. The same thing happened to me throughout the body: this feeling of suction, without being sucked, accompanied me in almost the entire experience. Only once (although I think there were two) I saw something coming out of the area between my chest and stomach:

As I write I realize that this was in the period 1998-99. I lived on C. Street, in a house with three rooms and a patio. My room faced the dining room and was the only room with two windows. According to the orientation of my bed, forward, there was the only wooden wall that separated my room from the dining room. The day I first saw something come out of my chest / stomach area, it was just halfway through that wooden wall. I was almost touching the roof of the house with my head. I remember it was folded. I don't remember how it was that I observed (if I shook my head or oriented my gaze) that a thread came out from me and extended to the front of where I was and down, forming a "belly" (a curve) like the ones they form when one gives a lot of thread to the kite. Somehow I have the memory of the feeling of having been at both ends of that thread.

I had hundreds and hundreds of Out-of-Body Experiences and I almost never saw myself (once or twice, in strange situations) and also only once or twice did I see something come out of my body in that state. This makes a difference to me with the narratives that are usually found on the Internet, of people who claim that they see themselves in an OBE and who say they see a "golden / silver thread" coming out of their heads or stomachs. In my case, of the hundreds and hundreds of OBEs, 99.9% of the time I did not see myself, including in that percentage not seeing threads, except this occasion that I am counting specifically.

The "popular" narrative on the Internet also comments that this thread is what keeps those who dare to make astral trips alive. That same literature says that it is a silver thread. I remember again that I observed "something", similar to a thread, that came out a little below my chest. This thread was golden in color. However, in hundreds of experiences of leaving the body, I DO NOT REMEMBER HAVING SEEN THIS THREAD MORE THAN TWO TIMES.

That same literature (and some people based on it or not) comments on the dangers of wandering around astrally: they say you have to be careful not to get too far away because you can get rid of the thread and not be able to come back. I don't know if this is true or if I have to reach a different level or something like that to observe this thread, I don't know. What I do know is that something links me to what is in bed (will it be my body perhaps?). Sometimes when I found myself tense, or something scared me, being out of the body, I returned to it at tremendous speed (equal to lightning) and traveling, as if it were a "reverse" mode, the places where there was past.

Reading this literature, my biggest fear was to meet some being in my OBEs. It was said that depending on one's spiritual level one could encounter evolved beings (or without evolution) and, as I never considered myself anything good, my fear was logical. From '98 to 2005, more or less, I never saw any entity or anything like it. Everything I read, read and read, I take it intellectually "between tweezers" so I remain skeptical of any "New Age" view that arises.

In the department of B Street it was where I had the strongest initial experiences. There I learned to move, to slide and to walk. There I had the sensations of truly going to other places, near or far. I remember that many many times I was upset and afraid of falling asleep because of that feeling of not being able to move (because of Sleep Paralysis or SP) because at that time I had no idea what it was, I didn't know his name, or why it happened. I was also very upset and tense because of my personal life and at bedtime I thought I did not rest because of that unbearable thing that was the Sleep Paralysis. Some time later I realized that the SP was just the moment before I had the feeling of getting out of oneself.

From the perspective of my fear - or my courage - I found it comfortable to investigate these experiences at the time of nap, by day. That is to say, when I was in the middle of the SP I did not try at all to fight to get out of that state while seeing the light of day. At night it was another matter, a frightful one.

Several things almost always happened about being in the middle of the Dream Palsy: I experienced all the "symptoms" together or gradually - first one, then the other and so on - sometimes adding some new one - like the sensation of the tearing of my eyes ─, or I just felt that feeling of not being awake but not asleep (which would be the same as SP, although I could move something without having many palpitations); or I slept and nothing happened, or I was having that feeling of suction with which, gradually, I felt that I was floating. I remember being with my eyes closed at one time (I always thought I was awake) for the next, just after reopening them, being with the roof much closer. At that time, I think I remember, I thought I was really levitating (body, flesh and bone). For that thought I was scared once because I had a ceiling fan in my room on B Street and, without remembering or telling the whole previous roll of whether or not I went through the SP and its symptoms, the ceiling was getting closer and closer , more and more (I don't remember on that occasion the sensation of flying but rather the feeling that the ceiling was approaching me), the ceiling got so close that I had the fan running inches from my face. Now I also remember that the same thing happened to me at least twice but with a floor fan. In that awkward flight of the first times (because of the messiness) I "flew", or moved, using impulses (the closest example that comes to mind is when it skates and someone pushes the skater and he moves by that impulse, until the impulse fades away): my feeling is that there was "something" - which I might well be myself - that drove me towards, say, the right, the movement being at the beginning fast or accelerated and then slower. I remember turning my back on the floor fan in my room, or looking at it sideways; I also remember the fear that his paddles would hurt me. I even remember the wind precisely, I had the feeling that my hair was moving more and more as I got closer. The more I wanted not to bump into the fan, the more I went to him (with that kind of impulse): I know it wasn't sleepwalking because once I went through it (and I don't remember anymore) and the other I woke up in my bed in the usual position and with the pulse accelerated by that previous immediate experience.

So during the day I felt less afraid when going through the SP.

I remember a day when I suddenly left the body and stood up, although not with a movement that I caused by the work of my conscious will. On another occasion, in the middle of an OBE, I only raised my right hand, overcoming that suction and then my left hand: I already knew more or less what was happening because I saw the two transparent hands (just like those ghosts on TV, same). On another occasion, I sat on my bed and tried to stand up and walk. These experiences happened to me with a huge time difference and what I learned more or less one day, I forgot in the next. Most of the time I have been eager to try everything in a single instant and very few, but very rarely, I was able to apply the knowledge of the previous experience to the next experience. At this stage almost all my achievements came naturally or casually. In that state of OBE it was very difficult for me to take one step and then the other. When it was the day I sat on my bed and tried to walk, I went through the upper part of my apartment (the rooms were upstairs), I went to M's room, then I went through a wall and went to the next apartment. A lot of times I did this. When I had more skill I wanted to find out if this was more than a lucid dream. After going through the walls of my apartment, I went to the apartment of my neighbors, went down to the dining room and looked very closely at the tablecloth details. When I woke up I went to M's room and drew in the phone book the pattern I had seen on that tablecloth. Then, what was left of homework was to contrast my drawing with the supposed tablecloth of the neighboring department. I never did, I never cheered up and time passed and I forgot. If I find that phone book (it will also reveal to me the exact year in which the experience was, if it was the guide of that year, of course) I will scan that sheet.

I will continue telling my experiences later. Regards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out-of-body experiences (OBE): coincidences with Carlos Castaneda's story

Learning to move... This is the fourth post of the series "About my out-of-body experiences (OBEs)". All previous posts, here: 1 - About my Out-of-Body Experiences (OBEs) . 2 - Get out of the body . 3 - Lucid dreams . I had many out-of-body (OBE) experiences , all of which happen when I am about to fall asleep, sleeping or when I am about to wake up. Although I have been with this for years and years, I have not yet learned to move. I have had advances that I consider random in many cases. Brain by Elisa Riva in Pixabay The way one manages to move in an OBE is different from the waking state because awake one can easily move an arm without greater participation of the will and in this other state the form is with something similar to "pure will." If I am in the middle of an OBE, and I want to move, I don't have to try to move my feet thinking about activating the muscles but I just have to think about the movement of the feet or also focus only

About my Out-of-Body Experiences (OBE)

Out-of-Body Experiences (OBE) seems to me the term less religious (or mystical) and more neutral than I find. The OBE in my case consists in experiencing a subjective sensation of leaving the body . It is not mere belief or self-deception, I EXPERIENCE a feeling of leaving the body. I perceive that I leave my body and, truly, I don't know if I go out effectively or if something else happens. I give it the name of Out-of-Body Experience so that in this text you can identify what I mean by approximate precision. Astral Body from Carrington and Muldoon. Wikipedia The first experiences were some far removed from the others (about seven months apart from each other) and at the beginning I had taken them as simple "weird" dreams, without having any way of seeing that some experiences were related to others. Nor could I investigate what the subject was about because I forgot that I had these experiences. I remember well that, before having the experience, I generally